Sunday 5 April 2015

Book Settings

The weekend didn't start out very nicely, with cloud, drizzle and very low temperatures, but the sun made a welcome appearance this morning just in time for Easter Day.

I began the day by going to St Catherine's, to The Breakwater Café - mentioned in A Jersey Kiss - and enjoying a delicious cooked breakfast with a few family members. As if we hadn't eaten enough, we bought several of their delicious donuts - people come from all over the island to buy The Breakwater Café donuts - and took them home to eat with cups of tea, while we chatted a bit more.

I then waved them goodbye and came inside to continue writing book 4, A Jersey Bombshell. One of the fun parts about writing these books is deciding on settings for the different scenes. I don't want to be repetitive, so I look for new places to use within each book as much as possible. Today I'm writing about Beauport, a beautiful bay with a headland around it that displays beautiful views that are perfect for photos. I suppose I should get back to writing the book...

Happy Easter.

Georgina X

No comments:

Post a Comment