Saturday 20 February 2016

Press - Radio & Newspaper Interviews

It's been a busy time since the shortlists for the categories for the 2016 Romantic Novel of the Year Award were announced. I've been interviewed on BBC Radio Jersey and our local newspaper, the Jersey Evening Post. Both interviews have been carried out with Sophie Cousens, who lives in Jersey and whose book, How To Get Ahead in Television was nominated for the Romantic Comedy Novel category. My book, A Jersey Kiss, was nominated in the Contemporary Romance Novel category, so at least we're not up for the same award.

It was wonderful meeting Sophie and having chatted to her I now can't wait to read her book as I'm sure it's very funny and she certainly knows about working in television having been a producer in London for 12 years. She's now a new mum and is working on her second novel.

We've only got two weeks to wait until the awards ceremony in Whitehall Place, in London, where Fern Britton will be hosting the evening. I've really need to hurry up and find something to wear, *panics* as well as shoes that look glam but which don't ruin my poor feet.

Did I say I've been busy? I've also been waiting for my youngest sister to give birth to her third child and instead of writing this should be answering questions for four other interviews I've been asked to give.

I think I'm getting a little over-excited about it all. Time to take a deep breath and go and get on with answering those questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment