Saturday 25 June 2016

Finding my muse for Gabe

If you look up the term 'muse' one of the definitions is this: 'a woman, or a force personified as a woman, who is the source of inspiration for a creative artist'. Well, my muse for Gabriel (Gabe) in A Jersey Bombshell certainly wasn't a woman!

I can't - or maybe won't - begin writing a novel until I have two things, apart from the plot line, and these are the name of the main characters and my muse for the hero. 

I'm often asked who the muse was behind Luke, Sebastian and Ed. Oddly enough Ed was inspired by the picture of a farmer I discovered while flicking through one of my mother's magasines. My muse for Gabe in A Jersey Bombshell was the marine biologist and shark scientist, Ryan Johnson. 

I discovered Ryan when researching about being a marine explorer to write Gabe's character in the book and happily he was exactly what I'd pictured Gabe to look like - lucky that, don't you think? I was fascinated by what he did but - confession time - the poor man has no idea that an author living on a small island thousands of miles away from Africa has written a novel with a character based on her imaginings of what he's actually like. 

Here's the link to his website so you can find out a little bit more about the man behind the muse for book 4.

You can buy A Jersey Bombshell and find out more about Gabe here

Now to find the muse for my hero in book 5...

No comments:

Post a Comment